Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hello!




Hello, and welcome to my blog page! :)

My name is Carley Lynde, and I am a freelance model, among many other things...but we'll get to more of that later.

I had considered creating a blog before, but never actually followed through. Though I've had some rather interesting and, at times, adventurous life experiences within the relatively short 26 years I have been on this earth, I never really thought of anything I'd want to write about in particular that others might find interesting. I think of a blog as a sort of online journal, where one can share their daily experiences--overall, however, I have to say that my daily life is not all that interesting. I go to work, I come home and eat, I go on the internet and chat on forums or watch tv or read a book....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

BUT!


Then I heard about this fun project that several friends of mine from Modelmayhem.com are participating in called the 365 Self-Portrait Project. You take a self-portrait every day for one year, and at the end you can see how much you may have changed, or just reflect back on the year as a whole and what you've gone through. I have been wanting to take pictures for a long time now; having been in front of the camera so often, I find that ideas for images will come to me, but I don't trust anyone besides myself to really make them come to life exactly as I see them in my head. So, here is the perfect opportunity to start that journey!


I title my blog "Whimsical Wanderings", because that is what you'll be doing when you take a walk inside my head :) I'm a bit silly....okay, very silly! But in a good way, I promise. I'm a generally happy and easy-going person, and I love to share :D So, I hope you enjoy my blog and my pictures, and once again, welcome!



*Noms and fondles*

--Carley


About the image: This image was taken with my husband's Canon Rebel XTi. I used just one flash (camera right-hand side) that had a Tupperware "beauty dish" that my husband made attached to it. My husband is a photographer and he's the one teaching me all the tricks of the trade :) I actually had two strobes set up, but only one went off, but I loved the vignetting I got so much that I went with it anyway (I did have to lighten it up a stop in PS, though). I chose the couch because I wanted to show myself in a relaxed position. I recently quit my job working retail and I'm now working a less stressful office job and I have my weekends off for once in I don't know how long! So I'm truly enjoying the fact that I won't have to work any weekends again for a good while, yay :D


No comments:

Post a Comment