Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sooooo Sleeeeeepy!




*Yawn*
I am exhausted!

I had a shoot in Atlanta today, about 2 1/2 hours away from where I live. The shoot was about three hours, and it was a lot of fun--I climbed trees and everything :D But modeling is much harder work than those who are not in the industry think, and my body is very, very tired! When I got home, I showered and changed and then went to a friend's birthday party. At some delicious Philippino food and sang some Karaoke, so much fun!


But alas, funness takes its toll, and now I'm ready to crash. Thus, my picture today for the 365 project is me sleeping peacefully and content at having survived the first of what will be several busy weekends (another shoot in Atlanta next weekend, then one in NC the next, whew!). And yet, it didn't seem to go by too fast at all, hooray for having two days off in a row, lol!


Anywho...I'm really off to bed now, got a big day of copying and pasting tomorrow at the office :D Goodnight, dear readers (all two of you), and sleep tight!



*Noms and fondles*


--Carley


About the image: Today, I learned a very important lesson...the white knob on the flash is NOT the one that controls the power level *facepalm* Why must they make the real knob all tiny and black and on the back of the flash with this teeny, tiny number that will certainly go unnoticed? Le sigh. Just used one strobe on 1/2 power (once I figured out how to change it....) with an umbrella on it. Very simple setup, but it took me a while to get the depth of field the way I wanted it. At first, I was using too low of an f/stop and my face was fuzzy while my arm was in perfect focus. But eventually I changed things around and still got a result I was happy with :) Hooray for learning things and getting a satisfactory result before I start going on an equipment killing spree!

**Note: no strobes nor other camera equipment were harmed in the making of this image**

1 comment: