Monday, April 19, 2010

Time On My Hands




Today at work went by quickly, hooray! I'm amazed now to think about how much more time I have available to me than I did a week ago. For about a month and a half, I had been working only part-time at my office job, but also part-time at a retail job, with an average of about 45-50 hours a week between the two of them. Because one was M-F and the other was retail, the only days I would have fully off were Sundays, if I was lucky enough to have one off my retail job. For an entire month while I was doing this, I was not scheduled any Sundays off. It was insane, to say the least.

Now, I marvel at all the things I can do with so much spare time on my hands! Even though it's Monday, just knowing that I will have two days off coming up in just a handful of days makes me happy.

Other than pondering what I should do with my free time, nothing much to talk about today. I'm actually getting ready to go to bed *yawn*. So goodnight moon, and goodnight comb, and goodnight followers, wherever you roam :)


*Noms and fondles*

--Carley


About the image: I decided to go a little more in an "artsy" direction today, primarily because the carpet on my stairs is not the most interesting background one can find :D I wanted to give it a kind of vintage look to match the style of the dress I wore today, and just because I love that look. Used one bare flash (tried it with an umbrella, but it was dreadfully boring without any shadows) to nice effect. Really, I should have angled it a bit better, because I had to use dodge on my face to make it as light as my legs, but the flash was up very high on its tripod, and I couldn't reach it easily to angle it properly (and I probably would have gone back and forth a million times to get the exact right angle). But it was a fun adventure, and I'm learning more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment