Saturday, May 8, 2010

Owie :(


I hurt my toe :(

I was running into the kitchen to tend to the chili, and I stepped on something sharp. At first, I figured it wouldn't be too bad and I could just grab the tweezers and get it out, since I could feel that it was still in there. But after sitting on the tub for about 5 minutes and getting stabbed by it every time I poked or prodded it the wrong way, I realized it was not going to be easy. It took me a full 15 minutes to get it completely out of my toe, and when it finally started coming out, I was shocked to see how big it was and that it had completely embedded itself! It wasn't really a huge piece of glass as far as pieces of glass go, but relative to my toe, it was much bigger than it needed to be. But thankfully, it did come out eventually and now I'm okay :)

Today was wonderful, though I didn't really do a whole lot. Just enjoyed having some time off and not having any obligations for a whole day. I'll clean the house tomorrow; today was a day of R&R. Went to my old job today to say hi to my friends there, that was nice. And the chili I made for dinner came out yummy delicious :D

Well, back to some more R&R, and perhaps a load of laundry....


*Noms and fondles*

--Carley


About the image: This is me as a sad panda. I was hoping to get some tears in there, but they'd already dried up by the time I got the camera settings the way I wanted them (and they were streaming down my face like crazy while I was trying to get the damned piece of glass out). I used my dining room light as the sole light source; it's one of those that has a saucer-type covering, so it makes a nice dish effect. I just held the camera up and away from me like a Myspace shot, I didn't feel like actually setting anything up. Not the best or most interesting shot in the world, but I captured the emotion I wanted and it came out nice for how little effort and time I put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment