Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rest......Sweet, Sweet Rest!


Today was nice and relaxing :) My body actually didn't hurt that much from all of the stuff I did at my shoot yesterday, so that was nice. I slept in until 9am, which may not seem that late, but it was perfect.

I went over to my friend's house and hung out with her for a while. She has a little baby and a new puppy, and I wish I would have brought my camera with me...they are so freaking cute! Ah well, I can take pictures of them next weekend. Went to dinner at a Japanese restaurant and had some delicious sushi, yum! Then the hubby and I went to see Kick-Ass, which was a crazy movie. It was not what I expected, but I still loved it. It is NOT a movie to bring the kids to, not even if they're used to hearing some language or seeing some violence. It is rather gorey and there is a lot of strong language and very adult themes. Excellent movie for those who like dark comedies, though.

Overall, it was a fantastic day! I'm already looking forward to next weekend, for which I don't yet have any plans :)


*Noms and fondles*

--Carley


About the image: I'm really pleased with this one, though it's not what I had originally planned on doing. After watching Kick-Ass, I wanted to do a kind of a mask with light on my face. I wanted just a strip of light on my eyes and the rest of my face in darkness, but I couldn't figure out a good way to make it happen. Then I decided to just play with light in general and try something I haven't played with before--a GoBo. A GoBo is a go-between, or an object you place between your subject and the flash so that you get an interesting shadow effect. I put a glass of water in front of the flash, but it didn't really make any difference when it was so close to my face. I could see the effect more on the wall when I did my test shots, but I wanted my face to be well-lit, so I kept the flash close. I also used a cardboard box snoot (spotlight-type implement) on the flash to help focus the light exactly where I wanted it. I <3 my snoot :)

2 comments: